Saturday, January 06, 2007

On The Road, Again?

Well, apparently 5 months seemed way too long to keep me with the Slim family, so Uncle Sam is sending me off to the NCO Academy in Okinawa for the next 6 weeks. I don't think I've been home long enough for them to be sick of me yet, but then again, they hide their emotions well, so...

I'm leaving tomorrow morning. It sucks. We had to have Slim-ling #2's birthday a few days early, because of this. I was in "The Korea" last year for her birthday, so this was a lot better, yet falls short of right. This will be the 6th time (out of 7 birthdays) I haven't been with her on her birthday. It's pretty fucked up. Yeah, the f-bomb. I dropped it.

So, I don't know what kind of internet connection I'll have down there on the isle, but I'll make something work. Keep checking in, I'll post something.

On a side note, I've not heard anything back from Vanessa at Petsmart.

Here's some options as to why:
1. She didn't get invited to the Petsmart Christmas Party.

2. She's married to a guy in the shipping department and decided it's better to not say anything, to keep me as a potential repeat customer.

3. I'm an idiot and she won't dignify my idiocy with a response.

I think you know how it went down... She didn't get invited for sure...

On a further side note, here's what my cool-ass wife, Mrs. Tokyo Slim, whipped up for our traditional Japanese New Year's breakfast. She's fucking awesome. (Yeah, I dropped the f-bomb earlier, so now its ok) My absolute favorite holiday is New Years, but I gotta be in Japan to enjoy it the most, and I was; double score!



















A huge shout-out and thanks to Mrs. Slim, aka "My Babies' Mama" for an awesome New Years.

Photo by Tokyo Slim (a la fish eye lens, yo)

2 Comments:

At Sun Jan 07, 08:04:00 AM GMT+9, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you mean it was beter than freezing on a beach to watch the sunrise. i leave in a few days dont know if ill get to read for a few months take care.....BAX

 
At Tue Jan 09, 11:45:00 PM GMT+9, Blogger Tokyo Slim said...

hey Bax, the only thing that would have made that sunrise better was if yer lazy ass didn't stay at the hotel and joined me. Hope you read this before you leave. email me, you silly hooker.

Tokyo Slim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home