Thursday, December 27, 2007

Birthday Crabs

It's not every birthday that you get crabs, especially from your spouse, but this year I did! Below is a picture of the crabs my wife gave me.
















Actually, it was just crab legs and claws. I'm sure you weren't thinking something else... They were delicious, and there's still a little bit left in the freezer. Thanks babe!

After emailing some old friends from NY about Izakaya food today, I decided to make my birthday meal even better. So Mrs. Slim and I hit the store and then whipped up an awesome birthday feast. Thanks again babe!

















Here's some asparagus wrapped in bacon. I rolled them up, then dusted them with garlic powder and crushed black pepper. Mrs. Slim sauteed them up to perfection. Freakin' awesome.

















Although the picture is not very good, these bad boys are broiled leeks with miso paste and mozzarella cheese. I broiled the leeks in the toaster oven until lightly browned on both sides, then smeared on the miso paste, sprinkled with mozzarella and threw them back in the oven for a bit. I couldn't love a human baby more than I love these leeks. In fact, if you killed someone and then brought me these to eat, I'd probably not turn you in.

















My wife found these huge pork cutlets marinated in ginger at the store today for 80 yen each. That's like around 70 cents a piece!! We bought two of them and two rib steaks. I seasoned the steaks with balsamic vinegar, garlic and thyme, then threw them all on the grill; kick ass!

When I was a kid, an awesome birthday was Stretch Armstrong, cake and ice cream. A few years later, an awesome birthday meant a night out with the boys, booze, strippers. Fast forward to today at 34 years old, an awesome birthday is good food at my house with my family... and strippers.

Photos by Tokyo Slim
Food by Tokyo Slim and Mrs. Slim.

4 Comments:

At Fri Dec 28, 10:20:00 PM GMT+9, Anonymous Anonymous said...

never forget the strippers...
-matay

 
At Fri Dec 28, 11:32:00 PM GMT+9, Blogger Tokyo Slim said...

lol

 
At Mon Jan 21, 06:45:00 AM GMT+9, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got crabs too...whats up buddy....BAX

 
At Mon Jan 21, 09:12:00 PM GMT+9, Blogger Tokyo Slim said...

Yo BAX!!! Good to hear you're still alive. Hit me up on the email. By the way, somehow I bet your crabs itch more than mine...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home