Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Stumbling On Excellence

Ok, so there's a Japanese dude thats an up and coming artist that has really caught my and my wife's eye. I wish him the best of luck, because I feel his artwork is very special. I'm considering employing him to do some more pieces for the Izakaya I want to open when I finish my current gig. My man was cool enough to do some drawings of me and my family, but thats not what he normally does. His plans are not to become "that guy at the fair that does caricatures". That's what makes these pieces so special to us. Here's a pic of what he's done on sheets of plywood for us.























There's meanings in the Kanjii and meanings of the red suns in the pictures that I can't get into for now, but if you are really curious, I can divulge a little.

5 Comments:

At Wed Nov 28, 07:21:00 AM GMT+9, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the pictures of you and your brood...maybe matay and i can get some done some day...

 
At Wed Nov 28, 07:25:00 AM GMT+9, Blogger Tokyo Slim said...

Well, hey there, Miss Lilly! How have you guys been? Drop me a line and let me know what's the happs.

 
At Thu Nov 29, 08:50:00 AM GMT+9, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well....Saori had a look and I'm more confused than before...she just kept saying"tyo, tyo...differnt tyos"
Gret pics...hope all's well with the neck

 
At Thu Nov 29, 08:53:00 AM GMT+9, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay...so she's not so quick, she just put 2 and 2 together and figured out who was in the paintings...now it makes sense

 
At Wed Jan 09, 05:20:00 AM GMT+9, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Capicola is a spicy cured ham originating in southern Italy. ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home